. Enjoy severely.
How long have you been on DeviantArt?Holy cow, four years already?! My, oh my, how time does fly...
And a blessed four years it has been! Thanks be to God!
What does your username mean?It means, "This guy is awesome, so you should give him all the faves and watches that he deserves! NOW!"
When I started here on deviantART, I was obsessed with the anime Bakugan. My now universal OC Sigfried was my first ever Bakugan OC (which was actually the name of my avatar for the short-lived MMO "Bakugan Dimensions"). He hailed from an alternate earth known as "Gaea". So, there you have it: Sigfried Of Gaea.
Describe yourself in three words.
"What the hell?"
To be serious, I'd say, "passionate, imaginative, NUTS".
Are you left or right-handed?
Right-handed, although I'm left-eye dominant. Meaning I need to shoot left-handed. This means I can wield a sword in my right hand, and wield a gun in my left. LIKE A BADASS!
What was your first deviation?
A picture of a Darkus Monarus Bakugan. Supposedly, there was no such thing as a Darkus Monarus...
What is your favorite type of art to create?
You usually see idle poses in my gallery. However, I love it whenever I can make a super epic battle, though it happens rarely, since I'm not so good with dynamic poses. I love to create twisted monsters, awesome machines, epic fanart, and women. All in an anime(ish) fashion. Most of all, I love to reimagine and redesign other people's characters, whether they're canon (Doom, Skullgirls, Bakugan) or fanon (usually other people's OCs), or completely original, so that's what a bunch of the art I create does.
If you could instantly master a different art [medium], what would it be?*
* This question originally read "If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?" I think the original person probably meant "medium", but correct me if I'm wrong.
What was your first favorite?
(digs through oodles of favorites)
Ah, there it is... I remember it now...
What type of art do you tend to favorite the most?
Redesigns, anime stuff, twisted monsters, awesome machines, epic fanart, and... women...
Who is your all-time favorite deviant artist?
You're speaking with him.
Ah, if I had a fourth word to describe me, I'd say "indecisive". I can't just list one favorite, but I will list some of my favorites:
- SaintOfTheDragons (my own blood brother, with all of these awesome ideas just waiting to be put down in pictures, and with the art style to match)
- Shouhda (because of his awesome universal character Jack Rye... and I also believe he may have indirectly lead me to my current Ms. Fortune obsession)
- Inesidora (Bakugan artist, with all sorts of awesome ideas of her own)
- OdettesKuramitsu (great artist and great friend... probably the only one who actively interacts with me here on dA).
- SoarToTheSky (awesome artist with a super cute art style! Also drew a little something for another fanfiction I was writing... I am eternally grateful!)
- Reveia (great artist, met her through Inesidora as a Bakugan fan)
- Renacorn (great artist, met her through Inesidora as a Bakugan fan)
I feel like I have a lot more, but this is all I can remember currently.
If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
INDECISIVENESS STRIKES AGAIN!
All of the above from the previous question (though I already see SaintOfTheDragons on a daily basis... cuz he's mah bruh), plus a few others:
- Hnilmik (voice actress for Ms. Fortune, from Skullgirls) (Yes, she's here on deviantART! Go say hi already!)
- Wisp-Cross (yet another Bakugan fan... we actually live somewhere close to each other, but have never met IRL)
- MartyKirra (voice actor for Malcolm Striker, Cygnis Flaynithere, and himself, in three of my favorite Doom mods of all time... Trailblazer, Guncaster, and Russian Overkill, respectively)
- GronHatchat and his lovely wife, MysticaQueen (two all-around super awesome people with great imagination, cool art, and inspiring stories).
Not entirely sure how the meetings themselves would actually go. I'd be super excited to meet some of them in person (especially Hnilmik, Shouhda, Marty Kirra, and Inesidora), but one wrong move could make everything SUPER AWKWARD. And that would haunt me to the end of my days. The fear of this happening... or getting starstruck... or both (ESPECIALLY both)... could increase the likelihood of screwing up.
How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
When I started out on deviantART, I wanted to draw other people's characters. As a Bakugan fan, I drew characters belonging to Inesidora , Renacorn, and Reveia. From attempting (albeit failing) to copy their drawing styles/anatomy so that I could draw their characters, I had unconsciously melded the attempted duplication styles together into what would eventually become my own ever-evolving drawing style. So, in essence, these three had actually taught me to draw. For this, I am eternally grateful.
What are your preferred tools to create art?
A 0.7 mm mechanical pencil with a good quality eraser on the other end, blank sheets of printer paper (though looseleaf will suffice at times), my awesome hands, and my awesome imagination.
What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
Wherever I'm currently sitting. Mainly the toilet.
What is your favorite DeviantArt memory?
INDECISIVENESS STRIKES YET AGAIN!
Most of my favorite memories involved drawing/re-imagining stuff other people did, or role-playing with others. Here are a few that especially stood out for me.
One of them was when Inesidora made a promo poster for a fan fiction I was writing at the time, known as "Chosen One". It was a Bakugan fan fiction that involved her and four other artists' Bakugan characters, united by the Japanese sun goddess Amaterasu (who was actually a Bakugan herself on the planet Gaea) to fight against her twin brother Susano. Unfortunately, miscommunications in my correspondence with two of the other artists, plus crazy writer's block, plus a realization that the plot was as tasteless as a B- movie, led to the cancellation of this fan fiction. But the poster will always resonate with me. I mean, Inesidora was my dA idol at the time, and getting this thing from her, just out of the blue... well, it was a pleasantly breathtaking surprise, to put it lightly...
Here it is:
Another favorite deviantART memory of mine was when I drew "The Ultimate Gift of an Ultimate Battle". The only work of its kind in my gallery. A composite drawing of six pages - featuring six of her characters against six of mine - that took two months to complete, being completed during the week of my evacuation due to the Black Forest Fire. People loved it. Inesidora loved it. It was great.
Here it is:
Another was the drawing and submission of Inesidora's birthday gifts the following year - further redesigns of six of her characters. Probably some of my most advanced machine designs to date.
Here they are:
Yet another one (or rather, many) were the various role-playing sessions I've had with people. Four notable examples are Wisp-Cross, OdettesKuramitsu, Kyouseme-Arasaki, and Jormungdang.
Finally, there was one when I drew, as a request, two characters belonging to GronHatchat engaged in battle. It was fun to draw, but it didn't come out entirely how I would've wanted it. However, if you read Gron's comment, you can see why I consider this to be one of my favorite deviantART memories...
Here it is:
Now, you probably know a little more about me.